Neurotoxin injections, which are derivatives of Botulinum toxin, are FDA approved and the most commonly performed minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedures in the U.S. They have been safely used for over 20 years to treat muscular disorders such as facial and neck spasms, eye deviation, and lower limb spasticity even in children as young as two years old. One of the most effective treatments to erase frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet is injecting a small quantity of Botox into the facial muscles. These injections block nerve impulses, weakening muscles to relax wrinkles and give the face a rejuvenated look. Injection results typically last 3-6 months at which point it is broken down by the body and excreted.
* It’s temporary. If it’s your first time considering injections, it can be reassuring to know the effect won’t last without reinjection every 3-4 months.
* It’s safe. It’s extremely rare to see a complication from Botox that has been related to distant spread effect (affecting a distant muscle) when given at the proper dosages. Choose an injector who has extensive experience of performing Botox, such as the ones at Solutions Medical Center. This will determine the result and aftercare of your treatment.
* It’s not necessary to look frozen. Small doses at just the right time will create a soft, animated look. There is no need to relax the muscles to the point of no movement. The purpose is to relax the muscle so its movement doesn’t create a wrinkle in motion, which can then turn into a wrinkle at rest.
* Botox is given with the tiniest of needles. While bruising can happen, it is typically not an issue injecting Botox.
* Botox is often combined with other cosmetic skin procedures as part of a customized treatment plan. Chemical peels, dermal fillers, laser treatments, or microdermabrasion can further improve your results and help prevent new lines and wrinkles.
* Don’t always choose the cheapest fee. Keep in mind that Botox has to be diluted to make it injectable, so find out the concentration your injector uses.
Results begin to be noticeable in a few days but can take from a week to 10 days for full effect. Results typically last 3-4 months.
Procedures generally last around 15 minutes, and no anesthesia is required. You can get back to your routine immediately.
1. Do NOT manipulate, rub, or massage the injected areas, as the Botox can spread to another area of your face and cause temporary facial weakness or drooping.
2. Do NOT receive facial/ laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
3. Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment.
4. It can take several days for results to be seen (up to 14 days). If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox injections.
5. Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.