Clear and Brilliant is a unique laser skin resurfacing treatment that can help reduce and prevent the signs of aging. These laser treatments illuminate and smooth your skin, while reducing the appearance of pores and fine lines.
Sun exposure and aging can take a toll on our skin. Solutions recommends Clear and Brilliant treatments for patients seeking a gentle skin rejuvenation of the face, neck, or chest. In just 4-6 sessions you will look and feel younger and more refreshed. Each Clear and Brilliant session lasts 20-30 minutes however, keep in mind we will “numb” your face with topical cream for 20-30 minutes prior to your treatment. Plan on being in the clinic for a total of 1 hour.
You will notice an immediate improvement in the look and feel of your skin after Clear and Brilliant laser therapy. Over the course of your treatments you will see continued improvement as damaged facial skin is gradually replaced by fresh, new, toned skin. With proper skin care and sun protection you will enjoy your Clear and Brilliant results for many years.
Just after treatment your skin will appear sunburned. This redness will subside in about a day. By day 3, your skin will start to feel “grainy” which is the old skin coming off to be replace by new fresh skin. You will not see it “peel” or come off because it is so microscopic. This is why this type of fractional laser is considered to have no down time!
1. Immediately after the treatment, you will experience some redness and swelling. Most of this will be gone 4-6 hours after the treatment, but you may still notice mild pinkness to the skin the next day which can be covered with makeup. To minimize swelling do the following:
2. Apply cold compresses (crushed ice or frozen peas in a Ziploc bag or soaked clothes) to the treatment area for 10-20 minutes for every hour on the day of the treatment, until you go to bed. The ice/pea Ziploc bags may be put in a pillow case and then on the skin if it is too cold.
3. Heat sensation can be intense for the following 2-3 hours after the procedure, but will subside within hours.
4. You may also notice that your skin appears bronzed or little dark dots will appear on the treated area. Your skin may feel dry, peel or flake. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. This is the treated tissue working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated.
5. You can apply makeup once the bulk of the redness resolves, usually later that day of treatment.
6. It is very important that you use sunscreen. The sunscreen should offer broadband protection (UVA/UVB) and have a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or more. You should first apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside and again immediately before. After that, reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours. If direct sun exposure is necessary, wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area. Your practice of diligent sunblock use may lower the risk of laser induced hyperpigmentation ( darker color) and will ensure you receive the best results from each procedure.
7. Your skin will be sensitive for the first few days after treatment. Do not use products that will cause irritation during this time. Do not use abrasive scrubs, toners, or products that contain glycolic acids or RetinA.
8. Remember that peeling and/or flaking is normal during the healing process. Therefore, you should use moisturizing creams (Cerave moisturizing cream) for moisture and redness.