Millions of people worldwide elect to get dermal fillers each year to look more youthful and to add fullness to their face. As we age, we typically get lines and wrinkles due to the fact that our skin loses its elasticity over time so dermal fillers are a great way to be able to temporarily “reverse” the effects of aging. The different types of dermal filler vary in density and fullness. Our skilled injectors use their artistry to determine the correct filler and placement to produce natural, lasting results that can last up to two years.
Dermal fillers are different than Botox injections. Both help improve the appearance of wrinkles and give your face a more youthful, relaxed look, but fillers are designed to plump and smooth — not prevent the muscles from contracting — and are used around the nose to the mouth, lips, and cheeks. Our office has chosen to use fillers that contain Hyaluronic Acid, a substance that already exist in our bodies.
1. Fillers can be used as part of a complete facial rejuvenation approach with other anti-aging treatments, like Botox, laser treatments, and quality skincare products.
2. There have been cases where fillers have been inadvertently placed in a blood vessel, which can cause major problems like skin death or even blindness. This is why it is vital to know who is injecting your dermal filler.
3. Knowing how to treat a complication is absolutely, without question, the most important aspect of injecting. Your injector, such as the ones at Solutions Medical Center, needs to know how to avoid complications.
Results are immediate and can last anywhere between 6-24 months in the cheeks and 6 months in the lips.
1. You can apply ice packs or cold compresses to the injection area after treatment to help reduce swelling. Be sure not to push on injection areas too hard. If swelling or redness persists past 72 hours, please contact our office at 901-853-6428.
2. It is normal to feel a “firmness” in your injection site for the first few days after your treatment. Over time, the area will soften and leave you with a soft natural look.
3. Many patients return to their normal routine/activities immediately after the injection, but you should check with our clinic if you have any concerns.
4. Makeup may be applied shortly after treatment if no complications are present. Apply makeup gently to avoid strenuous rubbing of the injection area. The injection area may also be gently washed a few hours after treatment, avoiding aggressive scrubbing.
5. Sunbathing or excessive UV exposure should be avoided until redness or swelling has subsided.
6. You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort. AVOID aspirin or ibuprofen products as they may increase your potential to bruise.
7. Immediately report any worsening or persistent symptoms/side effects to our clinic by calling 901-853-6428.