The eTwo™ treatment combines Sublative Rejuvenation (eMatrix Resurfacing) and Sublime Skin Contouring (formerly known as ReFirme) treatments…so you get 2 treatments in 1! Treatment with eTwo™ revives your skin to appear more youthful. This treatment that uses radio-frequency energy (electrical as opposed to laser, which is light energy) to deliver an effective fractional and tightening treatment to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, pores and acne scarring. The Sublime treatment uses the combination of light energy and radiofrequency energy to deeply heat layers of the skin while protecting the surface of the skin simultaneously. Medium to deep heating of the skin activates fibroblasts (deep skin cells) signaling new collagen to form and existing collagen to tighten, which will occur over a 4-6 month period.
The procedure is mildly to moderately uncomfortable however we apply topical numbing cream for 30 minutes prior to the procedure. Sublime is usually comfortable, whereas the sublative treatment requires topical anesthetic, which makes it quite tolerable. Expected side effects are redness and swelling after the procedure that lasts from hours to days, and occasionally even up to a week or beyond (very unusual). Small scabs covering about 5% of the treated areas appear, but they are usually easy to cover with makeup, and although present for 5-14 days, are usually not very noticeable after the first day or two. Rare side effects include skin wound, infection and scarring, too little or too much pigment, and surface irregularities.
The benefits include smoother and brighter skin, with smaller appearing pores, less scarring and finer and less deep wrinkles. In addition, lax skin will be tighter as well as firmer. Typically results become noticeable over a period of three to six months but some patients have seen results immediately after treatment.
Most patients have redness and swelling with eMatrix for a few hours to 3 days after the treatment (occasionally it can last longer). You may apply make-up to the treated area immediately after the Sublative rejuvenation procedure. Tiny crusts develop and are present for about 5-14 days, but these are easy to camouflage with makeup or even without it after the first one to two days. Results will develop over time and with subsequent treatments. Full results can be appreciated at three to six months following the last treatment. Maintenance treatments may be necessary.
- Please be advised that you may expect a certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment. If any discomfort or irritation persists, please notify the clinic at (901)-853-6428
- Tiny scabs of less than 1 mm in diameter will usually form 24-72 hours post treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched even if they itch, and should be allowed to shed off naturally.
- During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- For burning sensation, you can spritz your skin with a diluted vinegar solution (1 tsp white vinegar per 8 ounces water)
- It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Please apply an icepack to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15 minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 2-3 days is common. You may apply hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce this. Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
- If you should develop any open sores, apply over-the-counter antibiotic ointment to those areas 2-3 times daily until healed.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks after your treatment, as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun after your Sublative treatment.
- Ask our staff for recommendations of DermaHealth skin care products to use to enhance your procedure for your skin type.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.