Kybella is the first and only FDA approved naturally occurring injectable, deoxycholic acid, for submental fullness. Kybella contours and improves the appearance of the double chin or turkey neck–however you affectionately refer to it. Once injected, Kybella causes the permanent destruction of the fat cells.
1. The best candidate is someone who is less than 50 years of age and has good skin elasticity.
2. The amount of product needed depends on the amount of fat under the chin — it will vary according to the patient.
3. Kybella requires multiple injections to the site with a tiny needle. The injection process takes about 15-20 minutes.
4. Typically, 1-3 treatment sessions are required, 4-8 weeks apart.
Truly a game changer, many clients are preferring Kybella over a long considered neck lift. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat which means once you achieve your desired result it is permanent. Kybella eliminates the fat beneath your chin leaving behind a much more defined and structured profile. Once the fat is destroyed, it will not come back into the treated area again, so it lasts a lifetime.
Results are gradual and natural appearing. Immediately following the treatment you may experience a slight burning sensation and localized swelling. The swelling and “heavy feeling” will continue throughout the next few days. Most patients report any noticeable swelling was gone after the first 4-5 days. The process is continuing to work and blast away fat over the next 4 months.
1. Ice. Use a small bag of frozen pees in a sandwich bag or crushed ice to gently ice the area. No heavy ice bags. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Continue the icing for 48 hours if possible.
2. We recommend no strenuous exercise for 48 hours in order to reduce swelling and bruising.
3. Do not massage or manipulate the treated area which will be quite swollen after Kybella injections. You may shower and wash your face with gentle cleanser. Avoid facials, chemical peels or laser treatments on the treated area for 14 days.
4. You can use makeup, moisturizers and sunscreen the next day after your injections to cover up any bruising.
5. Arnica cream can quickly help reduce appearance of bruises.
6. For the first 2-3 days sleeping with your head propped up on 2-3 pillows can help minimize swelling under the chin area. Swelling should begin to improve after about 48 hours.
7. The first few days after your treatment the treated area will be swollen, it will take weeks before the the fat melt results with start to be noticeable. We recommend not over-evaluating results until completing your course of treatment.
8. It is normal to experience some pain and sensitivity in the area of the injection. Most patients find that Tylenol can help relieve this post-injection pain. Avoid NSAIDs such as Motrin and ibuprofen as these can make swelling and bruising worse.